If you were in attendance at the Southeastern Family Office Forum (SEFOF) Tuesday, September 24, in Atlanta, you heard me mention a reading list that I think every family business owner can benefit from. Here it is:
- The CEO Next Door: The 4 Behaviors that Transform Ordinary People into World-Class Leaders by Elena L. Botelho, Kim R. Powell, and Tahl Raz
- Firms of Endearment: How World-Class Companies Profit from Passion and Purpose by Rajendra Sisodia, Jagdish N. Sheth, David Wolfe
- The Founder’s Dilemmas: Anticipating and Avoiding the Pitfalls That Can Sink a Startup by Noam T. Wasserman
- The Culture Code: The Secrets of Highly Successful Groups by Daniel Coyle
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck
- How to Be a Great Boss by Gino Wickman and Rene Boer
- The Great Game of Business Book by Jack Stack
- Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’t by Verne Harnish
- Passing the Torch: Preserving Family Wealth Beyond the Third Generation by Ilze Alberts
I also recommend the following McKinsey article: Fine-tuning family businesses for a new era
I’d love to hear which of these titles resonates with you the most and how you are applying what you have learned to your business. Please leave your thoughts below so we can all learn and grow.
Thank you for having me!
Onward & Upward!